Practical Dental and Sinus Surgery
09 Aug 2018 09:00 - 10 Aug 2018 17:30
This course will present detailed and up to date information about the pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment of surgical diseases of the teeth and paranasal sinuses of the horse. The lectures, demonstrations and case discussions are aimed at surgical residents and equine vets with an interest in dental and sinus surgery.
The course will be limited to 16 delegates, which will allow the participants to perform cadaver surgeries under the guidance of experts in the field.
Key Learning Objectives:
• Refresh your knowledge of the pathophysiology and diagnosis of dental and paranasal sinus diseases
• Acquire radiographic skills for the investigation of dentition and paranasal sinuses
• Acquire practical skills in nasal endoscopy and sinoscopy
• Develop theoretical understanding of dental and sinus surgery
• Develop practical skills in dental and sinus surgery (using cadavers)
Suitable for RCVS Modules:
C-E.5 Basic Equine Surgery
C-E.13 Equine Dentistry – equine dental care, diagnosis and surgery
C-E.14 Equine Dentistry – equine dental surgery
Tim Mair BVSc PhD DEIM DESTS DipECEIM AssocECVDI FRCVS Kent
Tim Barnett BSc(Hons) BVM&S DipECVS MRCVS Suffolk
Tim Barnett BSc(Hons) BVM&S DipECVS MRCVS - Suffolk
Rob Pascoe BVSc DipAVDC-Eq MRCVS, RCVS Recognised Specialist in Veterinary Dentistry (Equine)- Kent
Neil Townsend MSc BVSc CertES DipECVS DipEVDC(eq) MCVS - Gloucestershire
Ceri Sherlock MVetMed(Honours) MS DipACVS-LA DipECVDI-LA MRCVS - Kent
Terms and conditions:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.
Kindly Sponsored By:
Note: only online payments are accepted when booking via the website. If you do not wish to pay online please contact the office on 01638 723555