Equine Nurses Meeting: Emergency IV Fluid Administration & The Sick Foal - Glasgow
19 Jul 2018 18:00 - 20:30
This meeting will focus on evidence-based theory associated with emergency IV fluid therapy and foal care. There will also be a practical run through of case scenarios so that delegates can practice what they have learnt in the theory sessions.
Key Learning Objectives:
• Enhance your knowledge of different IV fluids, and confidently apply this knowledge to clinical cases
• Recap and build on your knowledge of conditions needing IV fluids
• Learn how best to administer IV fluids in a range of situations
• Enhance your knowledge of foal nursing, including cases requiring intensive care and what type of care to apply
• Review new evidence-based information relating to IV fluid therapy and foal nursing
• Apply the knowledge gained on the course to a range of clinical cases
Victoria Gregory - Glasgow
Terms and conditions:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.
Weipers Centre Equine Hospital,
University of Glasgow,
Note: only online payments are accepted when booking via the website. If you do not wish to pay online please contact the office on 01638 723555