The Lameness Workup for the 21st Century
08 Oct 2018 19:30 - 22:15
Equine Lameness evaluation is changing rapidly with objective lameness equipment becoming available for purchase and becoming increasingly well validated. Advanced imaging techniques are now more widely used and better understood. So where does all of this fit in for the first opinion and advanced practitioner? How are these technologies best applied in practice? What can we learn from these machines? Are there any limitations to their use?
This North East Regional Meeting aims to answer all of these questions, bringing us up to speed with the lameness workup for the 21st century.
BEVA Members £50
BEVA Student members £25
Key Learning Objectives:
• Update/refresh your knowledge on the lameness workup
• Confidently be able to select the right imaging techniques for each lameness case
• Improve your knowledge of when advanced imaging techniques are going to be most useful
• Improve your understanding of objective lameness assessment
• Learn what options there are available for objective lameness assessment
Alistair Love BVSc Cert AVP (EP) MRCVS
RCVS Recognised Advanced Practitioner in Equine Practice - North Yorkshire
John Marshall BVMS, PhD, DipACVS, MRCVS American Specialist in Equine Surgery - Glasgow
Alison Fairburn BVSc DipECVDI MRCVS
European Specialist in Diagnostic Imaging - Kent
Terms and conditions:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.
Thirsk Racecourse Ltd,
Note: only online payments are accepted when booking via the website. If you do not wish to pay online please contact the office on 01638 723555