20 Mar 2018 09:00 - 17:00
This highly practical course will include case based presentations discussing relevant advances in our understanding of common presentations of gastro-intestinal disease in the horse. Practical's will allow delegates to practice skills using live horses and models including assessment of horses with colic, gastroscopy and abdominal ultrasound using the FAST protocol.
BEVA Member £240
Please note, this course forms part of the Fundamentals of Equine Practice series of courses. For further information or to register for this course as part of this series please contact the BEVA office.
Please note, delegates MUST bring photographic ID with them on the day, you will not be allowed in the venue without it. The Army have also requested full delegate details and car registration numbers, 72 hours before the meeting for security reasons. Therefore, no bookings will be accepted for this course after 1.00pm on Friday 16th March.
Key Learning Objectives:
• Gain confidence in your knowledge on common and important gastro-intestinal disorders
• Confidently be able to perform assessment of a horse with abdominal pain
• Describe the clinical management of horses with diarrhoea
• Understand how to implement appropriate isolation in the practice and in the field
• Describe indications for recommending/ performing gastroscopy and current guidelines on management of gastric disease
Suitable for RCVS Modules:
CE1 Equine gastro-intestinal disease and critical care
Professor Gayle Hallowell MA VetMB PhD DipACVIM DipACVECC PFHEA MRCVS
Professor Mark Bowen BVetMed MMedSci PhD Cert EM (Int Med) CertVA DipACVIM PFHEA FRCVS - Nottingham
Dr John Burford MA VetMB PhD CertESTS CertVA PFHEA FRCVS - Nottingham
Professor Gayle Hallowell MA VetMB PhD DipACVIM DipACVECC PFHEA MRCVS - Nottingham
Terms and conditions:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.
Defence Animal Centre,
Note: only online payments are accepted when booking via the website. If you do not wish to pay online please contact the office on 01638 723555
Kindly Sponsored by: