Who is the course for?
This course is part of our Fundamentals programme, suitable for new graduates or those returning to the equine industry.
About the Course
Fundamental of Gastroenterology will discuss the common gastro-intestinal conditions seen in general practice. The day will be centred around practical sessions allowing you to practice and perfect those techniques commonly utilised in diagnosis and management of GI cases. There will also be some case based discussion to give you a grounding in gastroenterology in general practice. All the lectures and practical sessions will help you determine the best diagnostic approach driven by evidence-based medicine.
Interaction between the lecturers and delegates will be central to the course to ensure those attending get the most out of the day.
Key Learning Objectives
- Consolidate basic clinical knowledge and understanding of choke, gastric ulceration and impaction, liver disease, diarrhoea, weight loss and colic.
- Assess a horse with abdominal pain and formulate a plan for investigation and management.
- Identify potential infectious diarrhoea cases and how to treat them.
- Formulate and implement biosecurity plans for suspected diarrhoea cases.
- Confidently create a tailored yard worming programme.
- Know when and how to refer.
Great course. Really loved practicing ultrasound scanning the abdomen and talking through cases.
- 2021 Delegate
This course has pre-learning which takes place on the online learning platform two weeks before the practical day.
- Nicola Steel BVM&S CertAVP(EM) MSc MRCVS FHEA
Practical Course Speakers
- Nicola Steel BVM&S CertAVP(EM) MSc MRCVS FHEA Shropshire
- Tim Froydenlund VetMB MA CertAVP(ESO) DipECVS MRCVS
- Luanne Hunt BVM&S MRCVS
- Victoria South MA Vet MB CertAVP(EM) DipECEIM MRCVS
Online Only Course Speakers
- Dickie Hepburn BVSc MS CertEM(IntMed) DipACVIM(LA) FRCVS
- Rachel Tucker BVetMed CertAVP(ESO) BSc DipECVS MRCVS
- Julie Potier DVM MRCVS
- Jamie Prutton BVSc BSc DipACVIM DipECEIM MRCVS
- Member price £330
- Non Member price £660
Kindly Sponsored By
Please note: you are required to make an online payment when booking via the website. If you would like to pay using a different method please contact us on +44 (0) 1638 723 555 or by email at email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions
You will be required to sign that you are COVID-19 symptom free on arrival at the venue.
- If you book a place on a BEVA CPD course and are unable to attend due to any COVID-19 related issue you will receive a credit for the amount you paid. This credit can be used for any BEVA CPD and will be valid for a year from the date of issue. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course.e
- If BEVA are required to cancel or postpone a course for any reason, you can opt to receive a full refund or receive a credit for a future BEVA CPD course (valid for a year from the date of issue).
- A full refund will be made, less a 10% administration charge, if cancellation is more than 6 weeks before the start of the course.
- A refund cannot be guaranteed if cancellation is less than 6 weeks before the start of the course. A refund will be made if BEVA can resell the place, less a 20% administration charge.
- All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- BEVA may pass contact details of delegates to the organisers or sponsors of the course unless the delegate has specified otherwise.
- All delegates self-certify that they are a qualified veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse and qualified to undertake the procedures being taught. Where the delegate is in training for such a qualification BEVA must be made aware of their training status at the time of booking.
By registering for this event, you accept the above terms and conditions.