Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at veterinarians and the more experienced EDT who wishes to sit the BEVA/BVDA EDT examination in the future.
About the Course
The course will provide you with the necessary knowledge to help ensure you are ready to sit the BEVA/BVDA exam.
Split into two parts, you will have access to nine on-demand lecture presentations to watch in your own time that will cover the theory needed for the theory section of the exam. You will then join a live online lecture and discussion day on Friday 19 August, where our course speakers will provide lectures on key topics as well as provide a discussion on common reasons for previous exam failures.
You will also be provided with comprehensive electronic course notes for the live lectures that are considered essential reading to prepare you to sit the exam.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the depth of knowledge required to pass the BEVA/BVDA exam
- Understand equine dental anatomy in the context of the whole horse
- Understand the basics of equine digestive physiology and nutrition in relation to equine dental care
- Understand the basic health care needs and common diseases of the horse
- Understand the beneficial and pathogenic roles of microbes and their control
- Understand equine dental diagnostic techniques
- Understand the appropriate equine dental procedures to be undertaken by an equine dental technician
- Understand evidence-based medicine and its application to equine dental care
- Understand the UK legislation that applies to equine dental procedures
- Understand how to work as part of the veterinary care team in the provision of equine dental care
- Understand the common reasons for failing the BEVA/BVDA exam.
Extremely informative - I learnt so much.
- 2021 Delegate
Please ensure all virtual lectures are completed prior to the live discussion day on 19 August.
- Rob Pascoe BVSc BAEDT DipAVDC-Eq MRCVS, Kent
- Jess Hughes BSc BAEDT, Wales
- Mark Grant MA VetMB BSc PhD CertAVP(ED) BAEDT MRCVS, Suffolk
- Rob Pascoe BVSc DipAVDC-Eq MRCVS, RCVS Recognised Specialist in Veterinary Dentistry (Equine), Kent
- Full online package price £350
Kindly sponsored by
Please note: you are required to make an online payment when booking via the website. If you would like to pay using a different method please contact us on +44 (0) 1638 723 555 or by email at email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions
Standard Terms and Conditions
You will be required to sign that you are COVID-19 symptom free on arrival at the venue.
- If you book a place on a BEVA CPD course and are unable to attend due to any COVID-19 related issue you will receive a credit for the amount you paid. This credit can be used for any BEVA CPD and will be valid for a year from the date of issue. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course.e
- If BEVA are required to cancel or postpone a course for any reason, you can opt to receive a full refund or receive a credit for a future BEVA CPD course (valid for a year from the date of issue).
- A full refund will be made, less a 10% administration charge, if cancellation is more than 6 weeks before the start of the course.
- A refund cannot be guaranteed if cancellation is less than 6 weeks before the start of the course. A refund will be made if BEVA can resell the place, less a 20% administration charge.
- All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- BEVA may pass contact details of delegates to the organisers or sponsors of the course unless the delegate has specified otherwise.
- All delegates self-certify that they are a qualified veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse and qualified to undertake the procedures being taught. Where the delegate is in training for such a qualification BEVA must be made aware of their training status at the time of booking.
By registering for this event, you accept the above terms and conditions.