Who is the course for?
Previous attendees have ranged from junior vets wishing to start carrying out PPEs to senior practitioners wanting to remind themselves of potential PPE pitfalls and how best to communicate contentious findings.
About the Course
These workshops are designed to provide all the essential information to ensure that delegates can confidently perform a five-stage vetting in line with RCVS, BEVA and VDS recommendations. Previous attendees have ranged from junior vets wishing to start carrying out PPEs to senior practitioners wanting to remind themselves of potential PPE pitfalls and how best to communicate contentious findings. The speakers, all have a huge wealth of knowledge of PPE in practice. The practical programme includes examining horses with reference to wind, eyes, heart, ageing, flexion tests, conformation, intended use and much more… Please note, you will need your ophthalmoscope, stethoscope and suitable outdoor clothing.
Key Learning Objectives
- Be able to confidently perform a five stage vetting.
- Be able to recognise and interpret cardiac, respiratory, and ophthalmic abnormalities.
- Be able to assess gait abnormalities.
- Understand the pitfalls of Pre-Purchase Examination.
- Be able to recognise and communicate contentious findings.
Really useful overview of approach to & things to consider in a PPE, great for confidence in performing them.
- 2021 Delegate
- Mr Ian Camm BVSc CertEP MRCVS, Gloucestershire
- Ian Camm BVSc CertEP MRCVS, Gloucestershire
- David Green BVSc CertEP MRCVS, West Yorkshire
- Lucy Grieve MA VetMB MRCVS
- Graham Potts BVetMed MRCVS, Gloucestershire
- BEVA members £295
- Non members £590
- The programme will be added here shortly
Kindly sponsored by
Please note: you are required to make an online payment when booking via the website. If you would like to pay using a different method please contact us on +44 (0) 1638 723 555 or by email at email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions
Covid-19 Terms and Conditions
- If you book a place on a BEVA CPD course and are unable to attend due to any Covid-19 related issue (e.g. as a result of showing symptoms or track and trace restrictions) you will receive a credit for the amount you paid. This credit can be used for any BEVA CPD and will be valid for a year from the date of issue. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course.
- If you need to cancel your place for a non-Covid-19 related reason our standard terms and conditions will apply.
- If BEVA are required to cancel or postpone a course for any reason, you can opt to receive a full refund or receive a credit for a future BEVA CPD course (valid for a year from the date of issue).
Standard Terms and Conditions
- A full refund will be made, less a 10% administration charge, if cancellation is more than 6 weeks before the start of the course
- A refund cannot be guaranteed if cancellation is less than 6 weeks before the start of the course. A refund will be made if BEVA can resell the place, less a 20% administration charge.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person free of charge. If the transferee is not a BEVA member he/she will be liable for the difference between the member and non-member rate.
- All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- BEVA may pass contact details of delegates to the organisers or sponsors of the course unless the delegate has specified otherwise.
- All delegates self-certify that they are a qualified veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse and qualified to undertake the procedures being taught. Where the delegate is in training for such a qualification BEVA must be made aware of their training status at the time of booking.
By registering for this event, you accept the above terms and conditions.