Who is the course for?
The course is designed for newly qualified Vets, it is part of our Fundamentals programme. It would also be suitable for those who want to refresh their knowledge.
About the Course
Dentistry- an everyday job that needs to be done well. Aimed at new grads this course will enable you to approach those ‘vacc and teeth’ zone calls with confidence.
This course is one of the Fundamentals of Equine Practice courses- a series aimed at new and recent graduates, or those needing a refresher. The theory is provided online to enable a full 5 hours of hands on practical teaching and case discussion. We aim to take the theory and teach you how to apply the theory to your everyday working situations, as well as how to look after your kit and all those practical top tips that experienced vets and EDTs have. Essential for anyone doing everyday dentistry on yards- be able to work with confidence!
Key Learning Objectives
- Develop your confidence in routine dentistry
- Gain hands-on experience in using dental equipment properly
- Build confidence in your ability to manage routine floating, overgrowths, identify caries and approach diastemata
"Very useful and practical. The lectures were short and to the point which made it easier to pay attention and covered a wide range of important subjects and the practicals allowed us to practice this with help before putting it into effect on our own."
- Lesley Barwise-Munro BSc BVM&S CertEP MRCVS
- Richard Reardon BVetMed DipECVS CertES(Orth) PhD MRCVS
- Karl Holliman BVM&S CertEP MRCVS
- Dewi Borkent MRCVS
- Member price £260
- Non-member price £520
The programme will be added here soon
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.