We plan to hold all advertised courses provided they can fully comply with local Covid-19 guidelines. This will mean that a series of protective measures will be put in place; all attendees will be notified of these measures before attending the course.
We would like to reassure you, if we need to cancel or postpone one of our upcoming courses for any reason you will be entitled to a full refund. Please see further information in our terms and conditions below.
Who is the course for?
The course is designed for young vets, it is part of our
Fundamentals programme. It would also be suitable for those who want to refresh their knowledge.
About the Course
A day discussing the common ophthalmic and dermatologic conditions seen in general practice. Emphasis will be on using history and clinical examination to help determine the best diagnostic approach. This course will be wholly practical enabling hands-on learning of skin scrapes, eye blocks and examination and discussion of how to handle difficult situations in equine practice from Carolyne Crowe.
Key Learning Objectives
- Refresh your knowledge on common ocular and dermatologic disorders.
- Confidently be able to perform an ophthalmic and dermatologic examination .
- Learn key practical skills in dermatology and ophthalmology.
- Refresh common ocular and dermatologic therapeutics.
- Understand practical and responsible use of medications.
- Develop tools to help manage difficult situations in practice.
This course has pre-learning which takes place on the online learning platform two weeks before the practical day.
- Imogen Johns BVSc Dip ACVIM FHEA MRCVS
- Brian Patterson BVM&S Cert VOphthal MRCVS, Gloucestershire
- Alex Wood BVetMed CertAVP(EM) MRCVS, Gloucesterhire
- Carolyne Crowe BSc(Hons) BVetMed(Hons) MSc MRCVS Dip Coaching Dip Stress Management and Wellbeing, Gloucestershire
- Imogen Johns BVSc Dip ACVIM FHEA MRCVS, Gloucestershire
- BEVA members £260
- Non members £520
Please be reminded of biosecurity requirements at BEVA CPD events, these can be viewed here.
Terms & Conditions
Covid-19 Terms and Conditions
- If you book a place on a BEVA CPD course and are unable to attend due to any Covid-19 related issue (e.g. as a result of showing symptoms or track and trace restrictions) you will receive a credit for the amount you paid. This credit can be used for any BEVA CPD and will be valid for a year from the date of issue. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course.
- If you need to cancel your place for a non-Covid-19 related reason our standard terms and conditions will apply.
- If BEVA are required to cancel or postpone a course for any reason, you can opt to receive a full refund or receive a credit for a future BEVA CPD course (valid for a year from the date of issue).
Standard Terms and Conditions
- A full refund will be made, less a 10% administration charge, if cancellation is more than 6 weeks before the start of the course
- A refund cannot be guaranteed if cancellation is less than 6 weeks before the start of the course. A refund will be made if BEVA can resell the place, less a 20% administration charge.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person free of charge. If the transferee is not a BEVA member he/she will be liable for the difference between the member and non-member rate.
- All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- BEVA may pass contact details of delegates to the organisers or sponsors of the course unless the delegate has specified otherwise.
- All delegates self-certify that they are qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or in training for such a qualification and make the organisers of the course aware of their training status.
By registering for this event, you accept the above terms and conditions.