Liphook Equine Hospital
Type of Internship
Length of Internship
- Accommodation provided
- BEVA membership fees paid for
- Bonus scheme on completion
- Travel bursary available to subsidise a visit to an international equine hospital
- 25 days (plus bank holidays or time off in lieu) annual leave per year
- VDS membership and RCVS fees paid for
- Pension Scheme
Number of Interns typically employed
A exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s largest equine hospitals on an 18-month BEVA Recognised Internship within the hospital starting Spring 2024.
Liphook Equine Hospital is a fully equipped, state-of-the-art referral hospital providing genuine 24-hour care to horses, ponies and donkeys. Led by a friendly and fun team of 10 medicine, surgery, and diagnostic imaging specialists, the 5 interns, or “house vets” are closely involved in all diagnostic investigations - as well as the treatment and hospital care of inpatients. Interns will gain a wealth of experience from advanced training, making it the perfect opportunity to advance your career into your desired area of specialism.
Previous interns have continued their career as ambulatory vets, with broadened knowledge, confidence and experience allowing them to excel in their field. Other house vets have undertaken residencies (both at LEH and other institutes) and subsequently become specialists, whilst some have continued in the charity sector.
Work-life balance is promoted throughout the internship, with all OOH being equally shared between the 5 house vets. Interns are led by a considerate team who feel that evenings are essential to wellbeing, ensuring that there is no unnecessary overtime. Off-site accommodation is provided in a shared house in a nearby village – with a fantastic local pub! – and there is a flat at the hospital for use when on call.
• starting in March 2024
• must have at least one year’s experience of clinical practice in the UK and be registered with the RCVS
• own transport is essential due to the rural location
• must be fluent in written and spoken English
How to Apply
Please send CV and covering letter to job.applications@theLEH.co.uk.
For further infortmation, please contact JANE BOSWELL jane.boswell@theLEH.co.uk 01428 727200.